Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008

Music

Music is another passion of me. I love listening to music, it makes me happy, relaxed, excited and sometimes also meditative.

I love different kinds of music. Mostly it denpends on my mood what I am listening to. I could not really say this or that is my favourite style or artist. I like so many styles and so many artists. But I do not like all songs from certain artists or styles. I am a bit complicated *g*

Generally I love rock from the 50s, 60s and 70s very much. In my opinion music was still music in these decades. Today there are to many wanna-be artists, who do not have any talent but although sell CDs...

But I would not say that there are just bad artists today and there where just good ones in earlier decades. Although I think that there were more good ones in the "good old time".

I love rock generally, also newer one. I also like punk, classic and hard rock.
There are also many great metal, rap, hip hop and gothic songs. I also like some RnB sounds and others I could not really allocate to a certain music style.

I really, really love latin music, of course. I love Salsa, Merengue, Bachata and others. There are so many fantastic latin american artists I love listening to.

I also love many songs of this so called "world music". I have some samplers from Putumayo, they are really great. Have a look at the nice page: http://www.putumayo.com/

Sometimes I also love to listen to oriental music. But I have to admit that I do not know many songs yet.

So, after reading that you have to think "Oh my Goodness..." (or similar)"... she is listening to everything! Give me back my two minutes!" (sorry I can't)
Yeah, it really seems so, but it is not. A song has to touch me in a certain way. If it does not touch me, it is not worth listening again to me.

For example I can't do anything with this typical Austrian radio charts. There are just a few nice (not more) songs, the others are just well marketed cruel melodys of selected bands or winners (or also runner-ups) of strange talent shows.

I really can't understand, that there are people who answer the question what music they like proud with "I am listening to radio charts". Maybe in other coutries you still find real artists in the charts, and not mainly marketed ones, but in Austria music seems to have died some time ago.

But that all is just my personal opinion. It is a matter of taste and luckily tastes are different. How boring if we all would listen to the same song, wear the same clothes, drive the same car. Let's just be individual and free.

Keine Kommentare: